Can students check out books or materials for faculty or staff?
If a faculty or staff member wishes to have their student assistant or graduate assistant check out library items on their behalf, the following procedures must be followed:
1. The employee must submit, in writing, a list of students authorized to check items out for them. A printable form letter is available on the library’s web site or at the Circulation Desk.
2. A copy of this letter will be kept at the Circulation Desk.
3. The student must present both their and the employee’s ID.
4. The library staff will check the file of letters to make sure that the student has been authorized to check out items on an employee’s account.
5. Once verified, the items will be charged to the employee’s account and the employee assumes responsibility for all materials.
The list of authorized students will remain in force for the current academic year. Faculty or staff must inform the library of any changes by submitting an updated letter.
Students may not check out materials for faculty and staff at the Ridge Library. Please contact Penny Wise for more information.