Q. How can I obtain permission to use a copyrighted work?


If your use of copyrighted works goes beyond the limits of fair use, you need to request permission from the copyright owner. The Copyright Clearance Center can obtain permission on your behalf for a fee. Keep in mind that the copyright owner is not always the author. In many instances, the author's employer or scholarly journal publisher actually owns the copyright.

  • Last Updated Aug 08, 2017
  • Views 12
  • Answered By Matt Shellenbarger

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0

Contact Us

Text us at (814) 742-4138  more info
Visit us at the Circulation Desk  more info
Call Hammermill Library at (814) 824-2234
Call Ridge Library at (814) 725-6324  more info
This service is provided primarily for currently enrolled students, faculty, staff, and others affiliated with Mercyhurst University. Others are strongly encouraged to consult their local public library.

If you experience technical difficulty with our chat function, try clearing your browser's cache by following these directions.